Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Large Russet or Sweet Potatoes
- 2 T Vegetable or other neutral oil
- 4 T unsalted Butter, cubed & softened
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt with Sea Veg
- 1/2 C Milk of choice
- 1/2 C Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 large Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 T Applewood Smoked Dulse, snipped small
- 2 T Green Onions, chopped
- Black Pepper, to taste
Position oven racks in the top and middle slots of the oven. Place an empty baking sheet or a piece of foil on the middle rack. Heat oven to 400. Scrub and dry the potatoes. Poke several holes in each potato and put them in a large bowl. Toss them with the oil and sea salt. Place them directly on the top rack. Bake for about 1 hour or until the skin is crisp and a knife is easily inserted in the center.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice off the top 1/3 of each potato. Use a spoon to scoop out all but a 1/4 inch border of the flesh. Put all the flesh, including from the tops, into a mixing bowl with the butter. (Discard or snack on the skin tops.)
Mash the potato flesh, but do not over work. Add in the milk, sour cream. and cheese, stirring to combine. Next, stir in the garlic, dulse, and green onions. Season with pepper.
Place the potato bottoms on a parchment-lined baking pan and mound each one with the the filling. Sprinkle additional cheese on top, if desired and bake until potatoes are warmed through and topping is bubbly, about 10-15 minutes.